Roasted squash & couscous salad
1 butternut squash
1 fresh green chilli
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
5 sprigs of fresh thyme
100 g couscous
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
½ a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375°F/gas 5.
- Peel and chop the squash into large chunks, finely chop the chilli, then place into a roasting dish.
- Scatter over the cumin seeds and thyme sprigs, then toss together with 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with sea salt and roast for 45 to 50 minutes, or until cooked and lightly golden, turning halfway.
- Place the couscous in a bowl and pour over enough boiling water to sit 1cm above the couscous. Cover the bowl and leave for 10 minutes.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry frying pan.
- Uncover and fluff the couscous with a fork, stir in the lemon zest and juice, the roasted squash and 2 tablespoons of oil. Serve scattered with the pumpkin seeds.