400 g dried linguine
4 large free-range eggs
2 tablespoons soft ricotta cheese
100 g fresh or frozen peas
100 g baby spinach
- Cook the linguine according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, carefully crack the eggs into a small bowl and beat them with
a fork. Season with a little black pepper, then stir in the ricotta finely grate in most of the lemon zest.
- When the pasta has 3 minutes left, add the peas. Reserve a little cooking water, then drain the linguine and peas, and return to the pan.
- Stir in the egg mixture and spinach with a wooden spoon – they’ll cook gently in the residual heat. Add a little pasta water to loosen, if needed.
- Share between bowls and serve with a green salad.