Grilled asparagus & poached egg on toast
2 large slices of good sourdough bread
extra virgin olive oil
12 spears of asparagus
½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
2 large free-range eggs
4 sprigs of fresh mint
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and toast the bread. Move each slice to a plate or board and drizzle with a little oil.
- Snap the woody end off the asparagus, then griddle for a few minutes on each side, sprinkle with the paprika and divide between the pieces of toast.
- While the asparagus is grilling, poach the eggs in the simmering water for 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the eggs and drain, then place them on top of the asparagus.
- Grate over the parmesan, then pick and sprinkle over the mint leaves.