500 g dried linguine
3 Sicilian lemons
extra virgin olive oil
125 g Parmesan cheese
1 bunch of fresh basil
1 handful of rocket
- Cook the linguine in a pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions, then drain and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, finely grate the zest from 1 lemon into a bowl, then squeeze in the juice from all three.
- Drizzle in 6 tablespoons of oil, and finely grate in the Parmesan, then beat together – it’ll go thick and creamy.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper, and extra lemon juice, if needed. Pick and finely chop the basil leaves.
- Add the lemony sauce to the linguine and shake the pan to coat each strand of pasta (the Parmesan will melt when mixed with the pasta).
- Finish by stirring through the chopped basil and rocket.